Friday, February 19, 2010

Exodus Terumah 25:1-27:19

In this week's portion, God sets up the plan for Tabernacle. God asks Israel to gather the materials necessary to begin building. The Tabernacle is traveling synagogue that is carried around as the Israelites continue their voyage across the desert. Then, God describes the whereabouts of everything in the Tabernacle. By the end, everybody is prepared to construct the holy building.

What should we think of when we walk into temple? Some think of it as a school. To others it is a home. A place of worship can even be a lounge. It is holy to most of us. When we go to temple, what are we looking for?

I am looking for confirmation of my faith. Synagogue is a place where I believe I can affirm that God is there, looking down at me. I can go there and think about life. The Tabernacle was really the first civilized synagogue, but I still feel intertwined with Moses and the Israelites. Whether it is a synagogue, church, or any other building, we should try to look into our hearts and feel at least something...anything

No comments:

Post a Comment