Monday, April 06, 2009

Tzav Interpetation Verses 6:1-8:36

Sacrifice! This week's parsha was all about sacrifice. God said to Moses to tell Aaron and his sons that they should bathe and sacrifice to an altar. We always hear about holy sacrifice in the Torah, but we never read about it later in Jewish history. We hear lies in blood libel of Passover human sacrifice. It must of been important if a whole parsha about it is in Leviticus, the book of Jewish law. If it is God's law,why don't we do it? Did it just disappear? Was it a trend? Things fade out very quickly like the Yankees playoff probability in July of last season as the Rays and Sox started winning more and more. Then again, things do come back. Parish, McHale, and Bird came and gone. We now have Garnett, Pierce and Allen. I wondered if sacrifice is like my homework. It should be done, but it is not easy to get in and takes over life. When you go back to work today think about this, did sacrifice disappear for no reason? Will it come back? Would you do it if it was easy and not out of place?

NOTE: This week is Passover so there is no parsha. You can start reading next week's on this website: http://www.chabad.org/parshah/torahreading_cdo/aid/15576
Shemini Verses 9:1-11:47

1 comment:

  1. As I have told my fellow team mates on DFMC, if it was easy than everyone would be doing it. The mark of character is one who puts the needs of others before the needs of their own. I will always put the needs of Mom, Rachel and you before my own. Sometimes it seems as though I put my running first... however, it is about scheduling everything so I can fit in the running without losing precious time with you! This is an example not a justification.

    ReplyDelete